Multinational independent renewable power producer in expanssion process in LATAM Region.
About the Role
The primary purpose of this job is to oversee all technical matters related to the development and operation of solar power plants. This implies assuring that all permits related to the power grid are obtained, negotiating owner-friendly EPC contracts; overseeing construction to deliver high quality solar plants on time and on budget; oversee all operation and management aspects of the power plants. Critical to success in the role will be establishing and maintaining productive and collaborative relationships with EPC and O&M contractors, representatives of grid operator and other service providers.
- Ensure compliance with regulation pertaining to grid operation before the power plant is implemented and during its operation afterwards.
- Responsible for developing all technical related aspects of solar parks.
- Negotiate EPC and O&M contracts for projects (technical requirements, scope of services, testing and commissioning procedures, interconnection interfaces, construction milestones, logistics, etc).
- Develop and supervise all EPC and O&M contractual arrangements.
- Manage O&M contractor and or personnel at power plants, in compliance with local law, particularly appertaining to the environment and labor.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with the community.
- Prepare weekly and a monthly progress and status reports for the Company’s management, the lenders or their advisers according to specification and with highest industry quality standards. Document progress on site. Own the project construction schedule.
- Coordinate and witness, on behalf of the Company, all EPC required testing in the field and all commissioning protocols. Maintain all test documentation and inspection reports at the site office.
- Review EPC and O&M contractors’ requests for payments, schedule up-dates, requests for contract changes, and review EPC and O&M contractors’ monthly progress reports for accuracy.
- Review EPC and O&M contractor’s procedures and operating parameters for the completed plant. Also review O&M costs and spare parts allocation. Ensure O&M’s recommendations for routine and preventative maintenance are included in the operating procedures for the plant.
Experience, Education and Skills
- 7 years of experience on hands experience in developing electrical installations, preferably in EPC positions and ideally in the solar PV energy industry.
- A Degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience of construction laws and regulations and knowledge of grid codes, etc.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Availability to go to the project site.
An understanding of Chilean grid codes.
- A good understanding of solar related PV engineering.
- A working knowledge of AutoCad and PVsyst.
- Knowledge / experience of High / Medium voltage connection facilities.
[formcrafts id=’7386′ name=’CV’ align=’left’][/formcrafts]