Worldwide Fintech company focused on financial inclusion through digital credit in Miami, FL is currently looking for a Head of Underwriting with at least 5+ years of experience managing risk for small and medium size businesses in FinTech Companies, Factoring Companies, or companies with financial services.
The Head of Underwriter performs many analytical tasks to fully review and assess an applicant to ensure their company provides the cash flow to repay the credit facilities. The Head of Underwriting manages all aspects of credit approval, credit administration, loan underwriting, and closing for all loan products and portfolio administration and policy.
- Review credit proposals and obtain additional information about an applicant to determine liquidity needs and product fit.
- Overlook and streamline the company’s credit granting process.
- Provide written analyses which include credit investigation of the borrowers and guarantors, in depth historical financial analysis, in depth projection financial analysis, analysis of sources of repayment such as collaterals, and analysis of guarantor’s financial position.
- Implements underwriting strategy and operational policies for product lines.
- Oversees the decision making of complex cases or files.
- Collect, review, and analyze an applicant’s relevant history and records.
- Properly Assess and analyze client’s background information.
- Use financial analysis and professional techniques to calculate the ratios and financial risks associated with client, weakness, and strengths.
- Review the credit conditions to determine the good capability to repay.
- Organize meetings with credit executives/brokers/referrals to help determine risk assessment in unique circumstances.
- Help credit executives to determine conditions for coverage.
- Offer recommendations on whether to approve an application.
- Layout and finalize credit reports applying specific terms and conditions as agreed upon by the client.
- Participate in credit committees.
- Participate in continuing education courses to remain knowledgeable and competitive in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, statistics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position and in small and medium size businesses
- Financial and analytical skills are essential to complete job requirements successfully
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal/company’s information
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask several moving parts and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Interpersonal and customer service skills are required when meeting with and interviewing potential clients.
- Team player.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed.